Typeset Bill of Credit issued by North Carolina with borders on the sides and bottom, each with the denomination and the inscription “Death to counterfeit,” and a wide border on the left edge. Printed inscription: “North Carolina. No 2845/ (V S.)…
Engraved five-dollar Bill of Credit issued by North Carolina. Printed from engraved copper plate with scroll and flower border on left edge and a vignette of Governor Tryon’s Palace in lower left corner. Printed inscription: “No Carolina Currency/ No…
Typeset fifty-dollar Bill of Credit issued by North Carolina with borders all around; border on top printed “DEATH TO COUNTERFEIT”, on left “NORTH CAROLINA CURRENCY” and on right “Fifty—Dollars.” Printed text: “FIFTY DOLLARS. / No. 7127 / STATE of…
Typeset Bill of Credit issued by North Carolina with borders on the sides and bottom, each with the inscription “Death to counterfeit;” wide border on left edge. Printed inscription: “North Carolina. No 2697/ [XV S.] FIFTEEN SHILLINGS/ Proclamation…
Lithograph: Topographical map of “North Carolina New Bern Quadrangle.” Printed above map: US. Geological Survey/ Charles D. Walcott, Director [upper left corner] | J. A. Holmes, State Geologist S. L. Patterson Commissioner of Agriculture. [center] …
Lithograph, topographical map of “North Carolina Ayden Quadrangle.” US. Geological Survey/ Charles D. Walcott, Director [upper left corner, outside neat line] | J. A. Holmes, State Geologist S. L. Patterson Commissioner of Agriculture. [center,…
Minute book of the New Bern/Craven County American Revolution Bicentennial Commission covering the years 1973 to 1976 detailing plans for New Bern and Craven County's celebration of the Bicentennial of the American Revolution.
Waterfront scene looking south along East Front Street. The New Bern Yacht Club (later the New Bern Library) is centered in the frame. Two sailing vessels can be seen in the background. Possibly taken in the 1890s.
A photograph of the staff at the New Bern Iron Works and Supply Company. The company officially established in 1905 off of Craven Street was expanded next door to a warehouse as well in 1912 due to growth in business.